Seb Toussaint (1988) is a British and Norman (Normandy, France) visual artist influenced mainly by two sub-cultures: the “ultras” scene and graffiti writing . His imagination is nourished by the places he has traveled and lived, and his passion for urban landscapes, fonts, scripts, and local cultures.
Seb Toussaint has never been to an art school or had any kind of formal art education. His schooling was completed within the ultra scene. Growing up in Caen, Seb Toussaint became involved in the local supporters’ group called “Malherbe Normandy Kop”, who support S.M. Caen, a professional french football club. In his late teens he designs and directs the creation of large-scale stadium displays, which are a characteristic of the ultra scene.
After years of intense travelling and outdoor painting with his friend Spag, a Norman photographer, the two young artists form “Outsiders Krew” , an art collective created to bring together different forms of art and lead art projects worldwide. The pair decide to launch a first project which will take them to various countries around the world. The aim is to paint murals in low income neighbourhoods, each mural containing one main word, chosen by the owners of the wall. “Share The Word Project” has taken Seb Toussaint to many destinations worldwide : Jakarta (Indonesia), Nairobi (Kenya), and Kathmandu (Nepal), Bogota (Colombia), Cairo (Egypt) and Manila (Philippines), Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), Calais (France), and Rio De Janeiro (Brazil), Mumbai (India), and Kurdistan (Iraq).
- May 2017, Kurdistan, Iraq, Share The Word Project in Kawergosk
- Apr 2017, Bogota, Colombia, painting of “Union” mural in Soacha
- Jan – Feb 2017, Mumbai, India, Share The Word Project in Phule Nagar
- Jul – Aug 2016, Bogota, Colombia, PAZ giant mural in Mariscal Sucre
- May 2016, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, Share The Word Project in favela Santo Amaro
- Apr 2016, Pontivy, France, Outsiders Krew art show at Espace Kenere
- Feb 2016, Calais, France, Share The Word Project in Jungle refugee camp
- Nov 2015, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Share The Word Project in slum of Lideta
- Jul 2015, Caen, France, Outsiders Krew art show at Gallerie Beaux Arts Citoyens
- Apr – May 2015, Manila, Philippines, Share The Word project in Gagalangin
- Jan 2015, Cairo, Egypt, Share The Word project in Mazarita slum.
- Aug 2014, Bogota, Colombia, Share The Word project in barrio Mariscal Sucre.
- Apr – May 2014, Kathmandu, Nepal, Share The Word project in Bainsghat slum.
- Jan – Feb 2014, Nairobi, Kenya, Share The Word project in Mukuru Kayaba
- Aug 2013, Jakarta, Indonesia, Share The Word project in Kampung Bayur
- Jun 2013, in Saint-Lô, France : “Nossa!” exhibition on traveling through Brazil.
- May 2012, Beijing, China : collaboration with Chinese artist Loke for mural on an art school in Beijing.